Participation Cymru continue to provide training for those in the third and public sector who want to achieve effective engagement. Our courses can provide the skills you need to engage with confidence.
This year, like last year, we have kept costs down by not producing our own training brochure, but continue to include our courses as part of WCVA’s wider training programme.
Our courses are fun, participative and take place in a relaxed learning environment. They can provide you and your organisation with the skills needed to provide an excellent service.
We recognise that people learn in different ways; in our new training programme you will find a variety of short courses, workshops, accredited learning, webinars and other online learning opportunities.
All of our training is led by experts in their field who are committed to best practice in participation and engagement.
Earlier this year, we asked you for your views on the future of our training programme and what topics you’d like us to deliver.
We had 82 responses, all of whom were entered into a prize draw to win a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE place on the new Training Programme.
The winner was revealed in this latest video on our YouTube Channel:
The results of the survey told us that:
- 64% of respondents would rather us stop providing lunch rather than increase our course fees
- 17% or respondents would like to access training through the medium of Welsh
- 94% of respondents prefer classroom based learning, however other methods are also important to others
The following courses are taking place over the next few months:
- 19 September: National Principles for Public Engagement Webinar (delivered through the medium of Welsh)
- 3 October: National Principles for Public Engagement Webinar (delivered through the medium of English)
- 4 October: Social media for the third sector, Carmarthen (delivered through the medium of English)
- 18 October: Note-taking at participative events, Rhyl (delivered through the medium of Welsh)
Crowd sourcing training
The right course but in the wrong location or language? If you see a course that interests you on this training programme or more widely on our website but it is not being delivered in a location convenient for you or you would rather it be delivered in Welsh or bilingually then please do get in touch. If you can find interest for the course in your area then we can come to you and help you to promote it too.
Bespoke training and consultancy
We can come to you! All our courses can be delivered to you in your own organisation and it often works out to be cheaper depending on numbers. Welsh and bilingual courses are also available.
Get involved in the conversation on Twitter using #WCVALearning